We have a beautiful family of four (soon to be five)! This is the story of our life and our many adventures!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Mall...Oh how I've missed you!

Today was my first time going to the mall since Elise was born.  Wow, has it really been over a month since I've gone shopping?  Well I suppose it's not the end of the world and I didn't exactly go to the mall today to buy anything...but it was nice to get out of the house and do something I would normally spend time doing! 

So, immediately upon arriving at the mall, I go through the daunting task of getting the stroller out and unfolded so that her seat can properly fit into it.  My first thought walking through the doors were...how do I go to the bathroom while keeping an eye on Elise in the stroller since I have no one else to watch her?  Luckily, I found the family bathroom that would accommodate this.  

Then, right as I get into the bathroom, Elise decides she is now hungry and begins to cry.  So, I feed her and change her diaper while I am there - which is perfect timing since there is a changing area and seating for this purpose.  So...the first 20 or 30 minutes of my trip to the mall has now been spent in the bathroom.  I guess this is how life is like with an infant.  :)

After all this, I decide it is time for Starbucks - my favorite!  So I treat myself to a tall Caffe Vanilla Frappuccino.  Mmmm!!  We walked around the mall, looked in a few stores, and just as I was thinking about getting ready to leave it is raining...and not just raining, but I mean it is a torrential downpour! Wow!!! And, of course, I did not even think to bring an umbrella since it was sunny when I walked into the mall only an hour or so earlier with sunglasses on. Well, we just decided to shop a little longer.  :)

Here's a picture of Elise's first trip to the mall:

Finally the rain stops and we are ready to go.  Only light sprinkles coming down as we get in the car to head back home.  Overall, I would say the trip went well!

Ok, so this is a not-so-serious blog post, but it's just part of the adventure!  :) 

4 comments:

amber holbrook said...

welcome to motherhood:)it gets easier when you go out.....

kyna said...

glad you ventured out! yep that sounds like our mall trips. Just wish we could be at the same mall. Miss you!

Joy said...

Glad you are feeling good enough to venture out! Love ya :-)

Wendy said...

This brought back a lot of memories! Good for you! Elise looked very comfortable at the mall...looks like many more shopping trips with your new shopping buddy are sure to follow!