We have a beautiful family of four (soon to be five)! This is the story of our life and our many adventures!

Saturday, September 5, 2009

4 Month Checkup

This week we took Elise to her 4 month checkup. Of course, we had to endure the not so fun shots again. It breaks my heart when I hear her cry and cry. :-(

She has really grown since the last appointment we had at 2 months. She now weighs 14 lbs 3 oz (almost double her birth weight) and is 25 inches long! She is measuring in the 75th percentile on everything - head size, weight, and height.

While we were checking in for her appointment, I heard two kids called in to see the doctor from the waiting room and one was named Elise. At first I thought that they were already calling my little girl back, but we hadn't fully gotten through the check in yet, so that couldn't be it. Then, I mentioned aloud that there must be another Elise. The girl's mom heard me and asked if that was my daughter's name and I told her it was.

Then, her daughter came back out, and the mother proceeded to explain to her that my little baby is named Elise too. The girl was probably about 13-14 years old. She then showed me a box of these asian wafer cookies made in both chocolate and vanilla that were named "Elise". Wow! She gave me a vanilla one to try.
The back of the wrapper had the name "Elise" written in Japanese (I later found out which language it was by searching the internet). How cool is that??

No comments: