We have a beautiful family of four (soon to be five)! This is the story of our life and our many adventures!

Friday, October 3, 2008

End of Hockey Season

For this first hockey season, Derek played in his final game of the season last night and scored one goal! He played really well the entire season - so well, in fact, that they are bumping him up a level to a better league. They told him that he's playing too well for this league.

They had 13 games during the season, and he scored a total of 13 goals and had 6 assists. Go Derek! We are so proud of him! The final outcome of his regular season games were 8 wins and 4 losses. His team went into the playoffs in 3rd place and lost in the 1st round. Logan and I were there cheering him on the whole season!

Now that this season is over, Derek hopes to start playing again in the next season soon. He will have to switch to the new league they are bumping him up to that plays on Monday nights, and find a new team to play with. Great job Derek! We're proud of you!!!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Hi Mindy,
Thanks for keeping us updated on things. I really appreciate your blog. Tell Derek congradulations on the good job playing hockey! I'm glad you and Logan enjoy watching and cheering him on. I'm sure that's why he did so good!
Love, Mom