We have a beautiful family of four (soon to be five)! This is the story of our life and our many adventures!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Married Life

It's has been so wonderful to settle into married life with my husband Derek!  We have gone through so many life changes in the past year, and it has been absolutely amazing!  God has really blessed us!!

To recap, we began dating on September 30, 2006 and had a great year of getting to know each other before we were engaged on September 16, 2007.  What a surprise it was for me that Derek proposed while we were vacationing in the Outer Banks, NC with his family.  It was absolutely the perfect setting!!
   
From that point, we began our 8 1/2 months of planning the wedding for May 31, 2008.  Not only were we planning our big day during that time, no that wasn't enough, we also moved from Indianapolis, IN to Columbus, OH and started new jobs.  We tend to be an adventurous couple.  :)  What a whirlwind, but oh so worth it all!  We really love living closer to our families.  The wedding day turned out perfect, and we are very appreciative of all the support we received from both our families and friends!
Then we were off the next day to our incredible honeymoon in Venice, Italy for 10 nights!  While we were there we listened to the bands play on the San Marco Piazza, took a gondola ride down the grand canal, climbed the bell tower of San Giorgio, walked across the Rialto bridge, saw a glass blowing demonstration on Murano, rode bikes along the beach at Lido island, ate the best food, went shopping, and so much more!  What a once in a lifetime experience that we will never forget!



Now we've had 3 months to settle into our new home in Columbus and become a family of 3 -- of which we hope to increase our number soon!  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hunners!!! Great blog I'm proud to be your night in shining armour!!! I love you very much and I'm looking forward to what God has for us together in the future!!!

Marie said...

Min---so cute! Love your blog. Sorry we haven't hooked up! We will...life with a baby is very different and when it is your turn you'll find out exactly what I mean! Miss you...see you soon!

Joy said...

Hey Mindy,
I love your blog. I'm so glad to be able to keep up with things that are going on in the Santan house in Ohio! I'm very thankful that the Lord brought you and Derek together. You are a great blessing to our family! Can't wait to see you in Nov.!
Love, Mom S

Austin said...

Congratulations!
You guys look great.
I pray God's richest blessings on you.